When you start something from the scratch, it is very necessary to have a plan. From this, I mean to say that you should know what to learn first, and what would be your next step.
When I was a kid, I wanted to play guitar after watching my favorite singer, Joni Mitchell and immediately bought one. I was a complete newbie about the strings, different chords and a hollow wooden box. I saw other people in my practice sessions playing beautifully and I had an overwhelming desire of reaching that level, but I didn’t have any idea how to get there.
Lot of people get the similar feeling about the social media marketing strategies and they want to reach at the top of the mountain quickly. We suggest them to take a deep breath and start from the beginning. BluEnt has summarized a cohesive plan for your business from the beginning as follows: Know more about BluEnt’s IT ServicesE-mail: email@example.com
Call: +1 647 478 5230
Form: Request for Services
You don’t have to be on all the social media handles
You should begin with identifying your audience. You shouldn’t blindly create your presence on all relevant or irrelevant social media platforms from the beginning. It’s like selling fighter planes to high school kids. Every social media networking site has its own specific features, audience and rituals.
You should start with one relevant social media page which makes sense to you and your target audience.
Few basic ideas to help you in strategizing, for instance, which social media handle to choose first or how many to start with. Let’s outline some thoughts around it.
- Target Audience: Start with analyzing that where would you find your prospect customers or the right demographic.
- Time Involvement: How much time you can dedicate to social media pages? You should initially start with an hour per social media networking site in a day and eventually, can save time using numerous tools available in the digital market.
- Availability of resources: Each social media network needs specific content related to their theme. For instance, Instagram focuses on good images and short videos while Facebook’s focus is quite generic like long or short videos, blogs, news, images, GIFs etc. You got to figure out the means to create and curate the right content for the specific social networking site.
Provide your full bio and update your profile details
One should always create a complete profile as this shows your professionalism and focus towards customers. You should always check your profile details like complete bio, email ID, contact number, display photo, profile photo etc. You should focus of the right type of images and the relevant content in the bio.
You should create images while keeping in mind about the relevant sizes and dimensions as per respective social media page. This whole process helps you in cohesive branding of your business.
On the other hand, the main area you need to write is either the bio or info section. Keep few things in check as follows:
- Your achievements
- Keep it simple and fresh
- Why to choose me?
- Be personal
- Update your content whenever needed
Figure out your mission voice and your brand tone
You need to develop your market persona for your target audience. You need to relate to your customers and come up with the branding tone in your content. You got to decide your ultimate goal and balance it with the content type.
Posting strategy and frequency
It is a very important to figure out the content posting strategy of your social media page. What time of the day you should post? How frequently you should post? How many posts in a day?And, there is no definite answer to this. It completely depends upon your audience. Two different businesses have different approaches and it respectively work for both of them. Each content type performs distinctively on different social media handles. For example, twitter videos have more chances of getting re-tweeted in comparison to images.
Videos are a good way of engaging audience in comparison to images or blog posts. You should keep a good balance of video, blogs, images or GIFs while posting on your social media pages.
What is the right time to post your content?
For beginners, they should follow some basic tips like:
- Facebook: Usually, at 1:00 pm, people share most of the content and at 3:00 pm, your content will get maximum clicks. Friday is best for posting “happy” content since people are in lighter mood.
- Twitter: Twitter users are 181% most likely to use it while they are commuting. Wednesday around noon and 5-6:00 pm are peak moments tracked.
- LinkedIn: Business people are most likely to read articles on LinkedIn like newspaper.
- Instagram: Post content during off-work hours than work days.
Once you would get habitual in posting your content, you can start using the in-built tools like Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights and many more analytical tools available to help you guide the best time of the day and day of the week to make your content popular among your audience.
BluEnt is a social media marketing company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We have a bunch of social media marketers who will take all your worries about the marketing. Contact us anytime of the day.
Maximum Value. Achieved.